Our Journey

Our Journey

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sick, Sick, Sick :(

I finally caught what Nick and Cayle had on New Year's Eve, but my "fun time" didn't arrive until it was time to go back to school! So I came home early on the first day back from break. I recovered and was fine a few days. Then I couldn't keep anything down all day Friday. Saturday was ok. But then I was up from midnight pretty much straight through until Sunday morning, again not keeping anything down. I called the OB dr on call and she said I could try and treat it at home first, then come in for IVs if it didn't work, or I could just go get IVs. I chose treat from home. So I spent all of today sitting in the chair, trying to rest in between trips to the bathroom. Nick got me some suggested meds and Gatorade from the grocery, and now that the day is about over, I seem to be on the mend.

The biggest concern behind all of this is I have an extra dr appt at 26 weeks to check my weight gain and the baby's growth. At our 24 week appt, the dr was concerned that I hadn't gained enough weight yet, and the baby seemed to be measuring small. Hopefully I'll recover from being sick in time for next week's appt!

No comments: