Our Journey

Our Journey

Friday, January 27, 2012

Learning Experiences

Natalie had a super rough day at school, only spending a very brief amount of time in her classroom. The rest of the time was spent doing AD work investigating an incident from a basketball game last night. Apparently a few of the girls decided it would be a good idea to have some "cocktails" on the bus ride home, mixed with gatorade.... Not much thought (intelligent thought) anyway was put into that decision.... Made for a long day for my wife, so when we got home I told her to go out for some appetizers with a bunch of other teachers from school at The Grand Avenue Grill. I think the Italian Nachos may have helped her unwind a bit. Weather was pretty nice earlier today. About 32 and sunny, so I took Cayle out for a little bike ride. My first ride on the "new" bike. We rode the golf course, with about an inch of snow on the ground from last night. I had my first crash of the year as well, and it happened before we were even out of the subdivision. Getting ready to turn a corner, I didn't realize that there was a sheet of ice under the snow I was riding on, and just went down, and went for a little slide... no harm done, was the least painful crash ever! Doesn't feel too bad sliding on ice. Startled myself and Cayle more than anything else. No harm done to the new bike parts though!!! Rest of the ride was great! We got first tracks on the cart path!

No comments: