Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, July 28, 2012

4 years

Note:  This is a re-do...somehow the original post was lost :(

Four long years ago, Nick and I moved to Eagle County.  Some new colleagues heard we were in town and invited us over to watch the Opening Ceremonies to the 2008 Olympics because the host's step-son was participating in the steeplechase event at the Olympics.  I remember dinner that night was a nacho buffet, and I had brought buffalo chicken dip.  We met lots of new people that night who were so welcoming and fun.  It took a lot of stress off Nick and I to be able to meet our new coworkers before we actually had to report to school. 

Last night Nick and I hosted a party to cheer on the USA as the 2012 Olympics get underway.  I was able to use all of the red, white, and blue items I had purchased for the never-to-be 4th of July party :)  We had a great time with friends - hearing summer activity stories, catching up, and making new memories.  (More on last night's party here!

Before the party, both Nick and I had commented on where we were at the start of the last Olympics.  It's amazing the changes that can take place in 4 years!  Since the last Olympics we have settled in to a house, have had 2 amazing and beautiful kids, made many friends who are like family, and have grown together as a couple.  What a great four years it has been!

Where will we be the next time the summer Olympics get started??? 

No comments: