Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, July 28, 2012

2012 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremonies Party

I have always enjoyed the Olympics, but I enjoy the summer Olympics more than the winter Olympics because I feel I can actually participate in most of the summer events.  Nick and I enjoy diving (pun intended) in to the Olympics and the interesting stories behind the athletes.  This year we've been hearing a lot about Missy Franklin (a 17-year-old swimmer from Aurora, CO) and have been following Kelci Bryant (one of my former students who is competing as a synchronized diver) as well as Sam Schultz (a professional mountain biker that Nick's dad and brother traveled to London to see compete).  Nick and I were both pretty excited as the start of the Olympics approached and decided it would be fun to host a party to watch the opening ceremonies.  Although the ceremony lasted 4 hours or so (?), we enjoyed the different story lines that were part of the ceremony - from the intensity of the Industrial Revolution to the fun music through the times.  Here are some shots from the night:
USA treats - red raspberry cheesecake and white chocolate-dipped strawberries

chris helping carter play with sadie
dinner shot #1
dinner shot #2
cayle and kennedie playing
jesslyn and little miss lindy leighn


     

No comments: