Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Southwest

Southwest Airlines has got something figured out it seems. Cayle and I flew United out of Eagle today to go visit my parents. Southwest doesn't fly Eagle, so it wasn't a choice. Every other flight I've taken in the last 5 years has been Southwest.

Why? Well, where to begin really. Usually the cheapest flights, BAGS fly FREE, easy access from Denver to STL or Indy, bright attractive planes (something Frontier appears to have figured out), great service on board, loyalty rewards card, did I mention BAGS fly FREE!!!

When I checked in today I was told I needed to pay an extra $25 for my bag to go with me... I just can't believe after seeing the success that Southwest is having with the bags fly free program that other airlines still charge for bags... Seems crazy. And foolish. The real kicker is if your bag is close at all to carry on size, you can attempt to bring it on, then at the gate they tell you that you will have to check it, but you don't have to pay then... Seems a lot of people have figured that out, as today there were large numbers of people doing just that...

 

No comments: