Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Insane

Way back in December, I decided I needed to get fit.  I wasn't happy with my fitness level since having had Lindy, and typically I struggle during the winter months with finding time and motivation to exercise.  So, I came up with a plan :)

I decided to start the Insanity workout program.  I borrowed the DVDs from our neighbors.  The program consists of 6 days of working out each week for 9 weeks.  The program appealed to me because I wouldn't need any extra workout supplies, I could do the workouts at home, and I could work out on my own schedule. 

I never want to work out after school because I typically feel tired after work and just want to relax with the kids.  So this left me with mornings.  I needed to be up at 5 am to get started with the workouts, which were typically 45-60 minutes.  I figured as long as I were able to exercise and get ready for work by 630 am, I could still nurse Lindy and get to work fairly early.  I don't think Nick ever thought I'd follow through with my crazy plan.  I don't have a great history of making time for myself, and 5 am was pretty early to have to commit to.

My first day was Saturday, January 5.  The workouts were dreadfully difficult throughout the entire 9 weeks.  My final workout was this morning.  I didn't miss one single workout, and somehow dragged my butt out of bed at 5 am (or pretty darn close) each day for my workouts.  I have never felt such a sense of accomplishment as I did today when I finished the final workout.

I'm going to take a couple of days off and sleep in a bit :)  But I'm looking forward to setting new workout goals and even plan to incorporate some of the Insanity DVDs!

No comments: