Our Journey

Our Journey

Monday, April 16, 2012

Our Surprise

For a number of non-scientific reasons, Nick and I both believed we would have a boy. There was Tiffany's pencil test (http://pencilpregnancytest.com/) results, the similarities in this pregnancy and the last, the "feeling" we both had, the "low" position of the baby, etc.

We arrived at the hospital this morning at about 530 am, got checked in, and landed in the operating room at 727 am. Things were going very smoothly - even though we had been warned the scheduled c-sections never seem to start on time :)

I was feeling a little better about this c-section since I knew pretty much what to expect. So, when they started tugging on my belly, I knew the baby's arrival was pretty close. They let us know when the head was out, and then the shoulders, and then I heard, "it's a girl!" Wait, what? So I checked with Nick a few times..."did they say it's a girl?" And the anesthesiologist..."it's a girl?" Back at Nick, "go look and see if it's a girl." Again to the anesthesiologist, "so it's a girl?"


Turns out we weren't having a boy at all. She's a beautiful baby girl. We had very special names picked out for the baby(regardless of the gender), and so Nick and I were able to name the baby right away. For a girl, we selected Lindy Leighn Brummer. Lindy is short for Lindbergh, my grandpa Hammers. Leighn in my middle name. (Pronounced Lane, but spelled Leighn).

Lindy had a pretty good day, getting to meet her big brother Cayle and Grandma Brummer, taking lots of naps, doing a great job nursing, taking her first bath, and even making a few dirty diapers :)


Nick and I just keep saying to each other, "holy cow, we have a little girl!". It's not what we expected at all, but that's what makes her so special!

1 comment:

Melinda Brandt said...

love it!!!! sorry we couldn't come visit with my sick family! think everyone is on the rise so maybe we will check in with you soon!