Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, April 26, 2012

1st Race

Last night I had my first race. A short track race at the Eagle Fairgrounds. Cayle and Grandma came to cheer me on. Cayle had his Strider and rode with me a bit while I was warming up. It was so cool! Short track is a 20 minute dirt crit. As a spectator you can see the entire course. It makes it exciting to watch. The 20 minute time, makes it an extremely explosive event. Just a 20 minute hard as you can go effort. I was racing expert which in the short track format is a combination of expert and pro riders. I got a great start sitting in the top 4 for the first 3 laps. There was a short (20 feet) steep climb on each lap that eventually got the better of me, and I fell back a bit. A couple more guys passed me as I slowly ran out of gas. I finished 8th of 19 riders! Extremely pleased with this! The first 5 guys all race pro/elite class in the local series, so of the expert riders, I actually got 3rd! It was fun lining up with guys the like of Josiah and Jay Henry though, both local heroes!! Those guys were fast!

Expert Men
1 Josiah Middaugh
2 Jay Henry
3 Michael Friedberg
4 John Phillips
5 Jerry Oliver
6 Brian Baker
7 Tyler Eaton
8 Nicolas Brummer
9 Adam Plummer
10 Christian Kloser

No comments: