Our Journey

Our Journey

Monday, April 2, 2012

Jumping


Cayle continues to make great strides in the pool! Last week he began jumping off the side walls of the pool into my arms, and couldn't get enough. Today he didn't even head toward the kiddie area, instead opting to head toward the Lazy River. I'm thinking, "surely he won't jump." But turns out, he was ready to, he pointed at the Lazy River and said water... So I hopped in and turned around and he also jumped in. He jumped off the wall a few more times into my arms. Then I stopped catching him when he jumped and he would go under and then pop back up and I would grab him. He loved this! He was jumping off the wall into the pool without me catching him! The other thing he did today was trying to swim. He would jump off the steps into the water and splash his arms and kick his feet trying to get to me! He is learning to swim. He loves it when I hold his belly, and he can splash his arms and kick his feet while we float around the lazy river! It was pretty obvious when we left that he was not closing his eyes underwater, because they were super bloodshot!

What we learned today:
1. To jump off the wall on our own.
2. To kick feet and paddle arms trying to swim.

No comments: