Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Taking it Easy...

I spoke with the Dr. yesterday to let her know how I was doing after the time she had made me rest over the weekend. Based on what I told her, she said she wanted me working only 8 hours a day, nothing extra, and lots of rest. Unfortunately, we had PT conferences last night, and the phone call from the Dr. came pretty late in the day, which gave me no time to figure out what to do about all the conferences I had scheduled for last night. So I ended up staying for those conferences. The Dr. also had me schedule another appointment for today for her to check up on the baby.

This Dr. is apparently smarter than I give her credit for. I figured I'd be fine with the conferences - I mean, it's sitting in a chair and talking to people, right? Well, this morning I woke up feeling dead. My body hurt so bad, and I had no motivation to do anything. I made it through the day and Nick, Cayle and I headed to the Dr. this afternoon.

She wasn't very happy to hear I had worked late last night, but I promised her it wouldn't happen again. She suggested I cut back to part-time work, but I let her know I thought I could handle work as long as I do nothing extra. So, I have a note to take to school tomorrow - no more than 8 hours of work a day, stay seated most of the day, no heavy lifting. Not much fun, and definitely not my style, but we need to keep that guy in as long as possible!

Many thanks to my husband for stepping up and taking over on pretty much everything in our household. Since last week when I was told I could do absolutely nothing for 3 days, he has taken care of meals, laundry, cleaning, and helping Cayle with whatever he needs. I hate not being able to do everything I want, but it's definitely easier to relax knowing I have someone so supportive to pick up the slack :)

No comments: