Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crash!!!

After "our" bike ride tonight, it was Cayle's turn. He MUST ride his bike every day! Sometimes it's the only way to get him to do other things, like pick up his toys or put his books away. After I helped him get his helmet on, I headed down the drive to wait for him. When I turned around he had a determined/bold look on his face. Uh-oh... he picked up his feet and took off down the driveway.... FULL SPEED, no slowing down! The picture above shows what was going through my mind at this moment, and it's actually pretty close to what happened. When he got to the bottom, he attempted to put his feet down to stop, but since he has never gone that fast before, he didn't know what to expect... The bike went one way, and he went the other. His knees hit first, and the next thing that hit was the front of his helmet on the pavement. I just kind of stood to see what his reaction would be, and he got up, cried for a couple seconds, looked at me to see if I thought he was ok, and got back on his bike and headed back up the driveway for another attempt! What he doesn't know, is that my heart may have skipped a beat or two in that moment. My first glimpse of understanding what our parents may have felt when we did these things as kids...

No comments: