Our Journey

Our Journey

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ready for Snow.....


So like I said, yesterday we made the short trip up to the top of the pass to Vail for the Vail Sports Blow-out sale. Everything was 40%-70% off. Natalie needed everything since she had no cold weather clothing, and cause the prices were so good I ended up with a few things as well. She got the jacket and pants which are made by Roxy and happen to match. The gloves are also made by Roxy and match the pants and jacket. You can't really see the snowboard boots, but they also match the pants and complete outfit. The boots, board, and bindings are made by Burton, who is one of the most popular snowboarding companies out there. The helmet was actually a youth small... I guess she has a small head... And the goggles are also made by Roxy. Pretty sweet gear if you ask me! She looks like she is ready to shred!

Seeing as how the deals were so good, I also decided to make a few purchases. I was just originally going to get a new set of bindings, since I believe someone else in the family has my old ones..... Oh well, they were well priced, so I got a new set of Burton bindings and then saw that they had Demo boards on sale from last season. I found one I liked and decided that I could also use a new board. I have to have a WIDE board since my feet are so large, so the selection was limited, but at over half off of new retail price, I felt like it was too good to pass up. In the end I ended up selecting a shorter board than what I was used to, but I was assured that it would work just fine. It was a bonus that the board I picked out had orange on it, so that it matches my orange pants. I don't know what I would have done otherwise....

On the Olympics.... Go U.S.A.! Some awesome swimming tonight!

No comments: