Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm Proud


First of all, sorry goes out to Natalie's sister Lindsey for a sappy blog. She hates sappiness, and accuses me of being too sappy with my posts.....

I was so proud of my wife this past weekend. Not only did she have to step outside of her comfort zone on the bike, but she also had to step outside her comfort zone in terms of meeting new people and putting herself in new situations. She was a little nervous in the days leading up to this past weekend, but I think that she was also excited! I was her mode of transportation all weekend and had to drop her off at places she had to be and then pick her up when she was done.... Ya know, kinda like being in Jr. High and having your parents drop you off at the theater and then come and pick you up when its over, but you never want your friends to see you getting dropped off or picked up... It's just not cool!!!! But despite all this she did a really good job with all of it! I dropped her off on Friday at Colorado Free Ride for the instruction on how to take care of your bike. Because we had gotten stuck in some traffic on the way over she was one of the last to get there and the rest of the babes were already there. But I dropped her off and she just walked up and started meeting people I guess, cause when I came back later she told me to come in and showed me all the things she had learned, and introduced me to all the people she had met. She even taught me a few things about bikes that I hadn't known.. Yah believe it or not... The rest of the weekend she was very open to trying new things on the bike and always told me about things she had learned, or conversations she had with her new friends during the day. On the last day she was not feeling good at all. I think she said she felt like she had been hit by a truck cause her body was so sore. I knew she didn't even want to go out to ride again, but she sucked it up and went ahead and tried to do it anyway. It was this willingness to keep trying that impressed me so much and made me even more proud of her. Anyway enough sappiness.... the picture above is a yoga pose that she is doing with the babes in her class at Riverwalk in Breck. She said they got some compliments on how beautiful this pose looked. (just click to make it larger)

No comments: