Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Group ride and new teacher training

Last night was the Wednesday night group mountain bike ride. I felt really good, I was keeping up really good, I was passing people on the climbs, by far felt better than any other night! On the first downhill/rolling section I lost my line and my front wheel slipped off the trail and I went over the handlebars and tore some skin off my leg and arm. OUCH! Got back on and caught back up just in time for a long steady climb. I struggled for a bit, then got my legs back and was good the rest of the night. I was able to keep up with the other guys on the uphills and downhills. It was an awesome ride. We ended up with a little over 2 hours and 19 miles. After waiting for one of the other guys for a bit, we had to go seeing as how we had no lights and it was getting dark. We ended up coming down the last half of Abrams singletrack in the dark, then it was off to home to get ready for new teacher orientation. I will have to get my lights out for the rides the rest of the year.

Today was new teacher orientation starting at 7:30 in Eagle. I last did this 4 years ago at SASED. Natalie last did this about 9 years ago..... (I spent a while in school.......learning......) :)
We got our new Apple laptops, they are pretty sweet! It's the first time in my life that I have ever had my own computer! We had tech. this morning and learned how to use our new Macs and then we had classroom management this afternoon. It was kinda bittersweet starting a new year, but without our old friends from Chatham. However we are both super excited about starting the new year and getting to meet our students and the rest of the staff. We will meet staff on Monday at the principal's house for dinner and activities. We have a busy weekend planned with lots of hiking and biking and eating up valley for Natalie's birthday.

Until Next time.....
Ciao

No comments: