Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, February 1, 2014

This one time, in Illinois...

So this one time, in Illinois, it was nice outside.  It was last Sunday.  Occurred between a day of crappy weather and another day of crappy weather.  Actually, I don't remember the surrounding days, but if I had to take a guess, I'd say the weather was crappy.  And there's a good chance I'd be correct.  We have had snow, cold weather, rainy, miserable day after day.  It has been nonsense.  Last Sunday was one of those days I thought we'd see more of in the middle of winter here - 54 degrees was the high, sunny skies, and not much wind.  The kids played outside for 1.5 hours, and only came inside because I made them stop playing to eat lunch.  They had vests, hats, and gloves and were over-dressed.  It was an awesome weather day, one we really appreciated given so many of the other days we've had recently this winter.
Lindy being sure to mow the snow
I love that she got the lawn chairs out!
Prior to cutting that dead grass, Cayle had mowed the snow pile behind him...

No comments: