Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Crafts

Shout out to Tiffany for sending me a great link with Valentine's crafts for toddlers.  I had the crafts as an activity for Nick to do with the kids one day, but he wasn't quite sure about all of the supplies we had, and the spin I was going to put on things making do with the supplies we did have, so I decided this was better off a "mommy deal."  And it worked out great today, because while Nick spent the day at beekeeper school (yes, beekeeper school...I'm sure there will be a post...), the kids and I had no opportunity for outside play since it rained.  All.  Day.  Long.  (See crappy weather mentioned in previous post...).   

So, here's what we made...
Lots of Valentines to get out in the mail!
Sun-catcher valentines.  Contact paper, crepe paper, and glitter, then more contact paper on top.  The original post about this idea had suggested you use tissue paper and had not suggested glitter.  Loved this because it wasn't messy :)   
Finished sun-catcher product
White card stock, heart made of masking tape, then painted over. 
The only thing that didn't go so well on this project is when I went to take the tape off, it took some of the card stock with it.  In the original posting about this, it looked like the lady used painter's tape instead of masking tape.  Not sure that would have mattered or not.
I told her to smile.  This is not my definition of smile.  But she was happy :)


Cayle holding the sponge I cut out for him.  We don't have any cutesy-shaped sponges.  So I sacrificed a new sponge I had in the closet and cut out two hearts.  I guess they mostly looked like hearts!  The kids just dipped their sponges in the paint and then transferred to different sheets of paper.  This activity was a little more challenging for Lindy, and I think she was loosing interest since this was about 1 hour in to our craft projects...
Finished product of notes stamped with hearts
 Cayle is really excited to go through all of his Valentines and get things sent out to his friends.  We had a great time and the kids especially enjoyed the bath-time ending that was required :)





No comments: