Our Journey

Our Journey

Friday, February 28, 2014

First race 2014

Froze Toes in Columbia, Mo. Always the first race of the season in these parts. Always a crap shoot with the weather. This year was no different. The day was sandwiched by snow storms, and fairly cold. 30 degrees with a north wind! 60 miles and my first race with the 1/2's, and I was giddy with excitement! This is what I've been working toward the past 8 years! Even though I'm still a cat 3... The goal is to move to cat 2 this season. I need 30 points. I got 1 this race for being the 3rd cat 3 across the line. More than that, it was excellent training and I got to race with my buds, Andy and Trevor. It was extremely hard at times, but most of the time, not too bad. My training is going well even if it has mostly been inside, it was great to get out and go fast! I flatted at mile 50 after hitting a pothole, but at that time I was still with the group and feeling good! I got a spare wheel and rolled in at 23rd. Says 24th, but that's actually not correct.

 

No comments: