Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Doing our best to entertain

Still home alone with the kids.  And I decided that since tomorrow was my last day of summer vacation, it would be nice to have absolutely nothing to do in the morning.  Not that I expect I will sleep in past 6 am (thank you Cayle and Lindy), but I figure I can at least drink a pot of coffee and lounge around while the kids play.  So, we went to church tonight.  My, o my, were we a train wreck. 

Two highlights...
1) Cayle was not whispering.  At all.  Not even attempting.  So I pulled him aside and said "if you don't start whispering, I'm going to have to take you out."  His response?  "Take me out."  Stated by Cayle very loudly.  When there was dead silence.  So, I took him out.  And since Lindy is 1 and unable to supervise herself in the church pew, she came with.  And Cayle jumped the whole way.  And said loudly when we reached the door "I want to push the door."  Again, while it was silent in church.  At this point, I strongly considered leaving and not coming back.  But the car keys were in the diaper bag which I had left on the pew.  So, after I talked to Cayle outside for a moment we went back inside.  And he was pretty good after that.  Until...
2)  Cayle did an excellent job kneeling on the kneelers.  And standing in line waiting to go up for communion.  However, on the way back from communion, he hopped.  And announced "hop" each time he hopped.  As if people couldn't see the child hopping down the aisle.  And then, he tripped and fell.  And got up and said (loudly, as if he makes a concerted effort to speak in his loudest outdoor voice during church) "I'm alright!"  And then the hopping started again.  With him announcing "hop" each time he moved forward. 

And then church was over and everyone was glad to see us leave.  The end.

No comments: