Our Journey

Our Journey

Monday, August 12, 2013

Back in the CO

We left IL about 645 yesterday evening to head to Colorado for a couple of bike races and some good riding. Me, Trevor, Andy, and Mary. We were about 20 miles down the road when we got a call from Natalie saying her wallet was in the car... On the way back home, I also remembered that I had left my race number at home. Not a great start, but I do believe everything happens for a reason, sometimes it's just difficult to see that reason. I drove until a few hours into Kansas which put us at about 230am. Then Mary took over for a few hours, which was super helpful! About an hour or so into Mary's shift we ran into a closure on the interstate, it had happened within the last hour and was caused by a semi/car head on collision... That was about the time frame it took us to turn around and restart our trip... I thanked God for taking care of us!

 

We arrived in Eagle about 1230 this afternoon and after dropping Mary off and getting a little nap we got out for a little ride. It was so great to return home to delicious enchiladas prepared by our gracious host Alana!

I am so thankful that my wife makes it possible for me to have a trip like this, while she is busy at home caring for the kids and setting up her new classroom at her new school. I have high hopes that she really enjoys it this year, and know that her co workers and admin will quickly realize just how lucky they got when they gave her the job!

 

No comments: