Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mommy and Cayle Adventure

On the long drive through Kansas I checked my email and found there is 1) a children's museum at Beaver Creek and 2) said museum was hosting an educational owl presentation this morning. I thought it sounded like a lot of fun for Cayle and I. He was so excited to learn about owls. On the way up to Beaver Creek, he said the word "owl" no less than 50 times. Literally. So we drove up to the Beave today and parked in the Elk Lot so that we could have the excitement of riding the bus up to the village. Cayle was not a fan (in any way, shape, or form) of getting on the bus. I was only slightly humiliated as he ran away from me and refused to board the bus. At least he didn't yell "kidnapper" or anything like that. I finally got him on the bus (strong-armed him, basically) and he did enjoy the ride up the mountain. He got to ride on an escalator and also really seemed to enjoy that experience! The Beaver Creek Children's Museum was great for him - lots of little play areas that kept his attention while the owl presentation was getting set up. Then, he lasted for about 40 minutes of the owl presentation, which was a pretty long time for him to sit still on my lap. I was worried he'd be freaked out by the owls, but he ended up loving them. He didn't really enjoy all the information they gave about each owl, but he did at least sit quietly and only asked "more" a few times when he was ready to see the next owl. We rode the bus back down to the car, and he seemed to be over his fear of the bus. I didn't have the heart to tell him that a bus at Beaver Creek isn't a real bus - most buses don't have leather seats :)
He loves these types of "puzzles"

He loves trains and tracks

The Owls

More owls

No comments: