Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hair Cuts

The average price for a haircut in the U.S. is about $45, according to the Professional Beauty Association, a trade organization based in Scottsdale, Ariz. Frederique’s haircuts at Prive in New York City’s Soho Grand Hotel are moderately priced--at least by upscale Manhattan standards--at $125.
But if you're paparazzi fodder, needing to look as impeccable as possible from every angle, you might have your hair done by Frederique’s boss, Laurent Dufourg. He charges clients, who include Cameron Diaz and Salma Hayek, $350 and up.
And, he’s not the priciest around. If you can even get an appointment with Orlando Pita, owner of Orlo, in New York City, you will be expected to cough up $800. His clients include Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Hmmm.... I just bought a new clippers for $50, which I thought was kind of expensive. Definitely the most expensive clippers I have purchased. The ones I usually buy are about $30 and lasts for about 2 years on average. I decided I liked the features on this new one, and it was on sale for $50, so I decided to splurge...

I was feeling a bit guilty for spending 50 bucks on a clippers, then I got to thinking how much each hair cut actually costs me if the clippers works effectively for 2 years...

That would be 730 days
104 Weeks

I cut my hair every other week.

That would be 52 haircuts over the course of 2 years at a cost of $.96/haircut....

If it happens to last longer than 2 years, then it's even cheaper... I think it's probably ok to spend $50 on a new clippers when you compare my costs to the average.... just sayin :-)

1 comment:

ththomason said...

You have some of the weirdest posts! Bikes and hair clippers:)