Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day


February 29th... Happens once every 4 years. Now I guess it's officially know as 29er day. Referring to Mountain Bikes with 29" wheels, compared to 26" wheels which are what most older bikes have.

So we have an extra 24 hours this year for a blog... Natalie took Cayle out in the snow after school today. She had picked up a sled from The Everything Store in Eagle and was eager to take him sledding. From what she told me when I got home was that he pretty much wanted nothing to do with the sled, and kept asking for his bike. However, when I got home and walked out behind the house to see them, he was happily playing in the snow. I thought that maybe by showing him how much fun sledding was, he would want to do it. But he just laughed at me... I couldn't fit in the smallish sled.... and he still wanted no part of it. So after playing in the snow for a while, we went back to the house and he got his bike out and rode around the neighborhood for about 20 minutes. I'm sure he will enjoy sledding someday, but is currently just all about riding his bike.

No comments: