Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oktoberfest

So now that it is officially over a month past the time of this party, I guess I can write about it. I decided I wanted to have an Oktoberfest party where we drank only Oktoberfest or Fall Seasonal beers, and sat around the fire pit out back and cooked s'mores. Natalie went along with it as long as I was the one in charge, and took care of most of the details. Sure enough! We ended up with about 20-30 people over here, and spent most of the night hovered around the fire in the back yard, or hovered around the amazing appetizers in the kitchen. We had at least 10 different types of beers for people to sample or drink. We had little sample cups out, so people could browse the different flavors before choosing which one to drink. The tub below was sitting in the kitchen with the sample beers, and we had a cooler out back with several of each flavor to choose your favorite. I think the party was a success! I know I had fun hanging with good friends, and sampling good drinks!
It was really nice sitting by the fire. I love these cool fall nights around the fire!
Two of our Social Studies teachers sharing a "special" moment.... :-)Below is the result of the many "samplings" that we tried...

No comments: