Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fantastic Day Off

Started my day with hanging out with Cayle and Natalie and having coffee. Wish everyday started with just a bit of lounging around like this. Swam at the rec center this morning for the first time in a while. It actually went really well! I remember this time last year, I was just teaching myself how to swim and breathe properly, and I SUCKED! It was super hard to get into any kind of rhythm. It's so nice now to just be able to go to the pool, swim 500+ yards, and get a good workout!
Cayle has started in on the avocodo... in case you can't tell from the green stuff all over his face...

After swimming we set up the house for the Thanksgiving feast tomorrow. We cleaned and arranged furniture, and Natalie slaved away in the kitchen preparing food for tomorrow.

At 3 I went and picked up Mark, and we headed up Valley road for some x-country skiing and snowshoeing. He snowshoed and I skied. It was fantastic! I got to explore a new side road. There was about a foot of powder that was completely untouched by human feet. Just the two of us surrounded by nature and silence. It was about 5 degrees up there, but we were soon taking off hats and gloves in an effort to keep from sweating too much. About 45 minutes up, and about 20 minutes back down for an awesome workout! I'm loving the skis, an excellent purchase it seems!Mark looking down over Valley Road down below us.
Is this picture senior picturesque enough???

No comments: