Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stockings

I have been wanting to get matching family stockings for everyone.  So I did some browsing online and found these suckers can cost about $40 - each!  The stockings were really perfect, and pretty, and looked awesome and all.  But multiply the $40 times five or so?  All that for stockings?  I think not.

So I headed off to Wal-Mart to see what ideas I could come up with.  I found stockings for $1 each.  Then I bought a yard of fabric for $3.97 to cut out letters from.  The glitter pen was $3 (also came with red).  And the hem tape to secure the fabric letters to the stockings was also $3.  And I also purchased extra supplies to accommodate any growth in our family :)  NOTE:  There is no plan to expand our family size in the not-so-distant future!   

No comments: