Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Random Advent Activities

I had made the advent calendar so that Cayle could have something to focus on each day as Christmas approached.  Here are a few random activities we completed:
Make Christmas Cookies:  Cayle and I made and decorated sugar cookies.  It was a bit of a mess and he made sure to use each of the 6 varieties of sprinkles we had available, but lots of fun. 

Wrap Christmas presents:  Cayle helped me make bags for people.  He loved looking at the goodies we were giving away and wondered if he could eat all of them...

Coloring book:  I purchased a Christmas coloring book and had Cayle color one page form the book.  At the top of the page, I wrote his name and date.  Next year, he'll color a page from the same book.  And hopefully Lindy can color next year too.  In about 15 years, we should have a nice collection of Christmas pictures, hopefully with the quality of coloring improving :)

Popcorn and Movie:  We watched Christmas movies together a few nights and had popcorn as a snack (I think one night the popcorn was actually dinner...).

No comments: