Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bike Race

On August 17th I had my last bike race of the season. Since then I have been running a bunch (ran a 5:52 mile and a 20:45 5K) and mountain biking about once a week for fun. My weight has stayed down pretty good despite not eating the best and not trying to keep it at any certain weight.

Friday, Dad called and asked if I wanted to do a 56 mile mountain bike race in Southern Missouri. The Berryman Epic. I hesitated a bit because of the lack of specific training, but the few times I have been on my bike I have felt pretty good, so I said sure, I'll give it a shot.

Now I have 3 weeks to get back into race shape. Gotta get the legs used to the pain of racing, and build some endurance to finish 56 miles at a good pace. I think I can do it!

So in 3 weeks, Cayle and I are heading to STL to meet mom and dad and brothers and then south to the race for the weekend. We have a cabin to stay in near Steelville, MO at Bass River Resort.

No comments: