Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Basketball!!!

I coached middle school basketball for 3 years in Chatham, IL and loved it, but when we moved to CO, I decided it would be nice not to deal with the amount of time that it takes to coach. Until this year. The opening for the boys basketball position for 7th grade came open a couple of weeks ago, and I decided it was time to begin again. Monday was the first day of practice. Everyone was telling me to take what I had experienced in IL and dial it back about 10 notches... (basketball is not the biggest sport out here)

You can only prepare yourself so much for reality... I came home and told Natalie after practice yesterday that it was going to be a long 2 months, based on what I had seen. One kid shot a free throw over the backboard... :-) Oh the joys of 7th grade basketball... However today was much better. There are actually 5-6 kids that have some skills. There are 18 out total, so we should have enough for an A and a B team, and I think we will be alright. I have not yet seen the competition, but we have tournament coming up in 2 weeks, so I may get my eyes opened. We don't have much size, but we can deal with that. We do have some athletic wings, so that should make things a little more fun.

I am excited to see what the season brings!

No comments: