Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vail Rec Mountain bike series 2011

Current standings:
1. Brinton Barry 515
2. Shannon Crockford 480
3. Nicholas Brummer 470
4. Parker McDonald 245

The winner of each race gets 100 points, followed by 85 for 2nd, 80 for 3rd and down by 5 for each place.

So as you can see, the top 3 places are locked up. There are not enough points available for one of us to lose our top 3 spots in the overall.

Assuming everyone has a clean race and we all finish about how we've been finishing, Brinton has 1st place locked up. Before last race I was in 2nd. I finished 3rd and Shannon won, therefore moving him up to 2nd and me to 3rd. Brinton finished 2nd adding points to his 1st place overall.

Several different scenarios could take place, but a couple things will most likely happen. Most likely, Brinton, Shannon or myself will win the race. If I win, that would guarantee 2nd place overall with the 15 bonus points for winning. If Shannon or Brinton win and the other finishes somewhere in the top 5, the top 3 will stay the same. Basically the only way I can guarantee that I move up into 2nd overall is to win the race next Wednesday. Otherwise I will have to rely on Shannon finishing 2 or more places behind me, to make up that 10 point lead he has.

Whatever happens, it's gonna be fun!

No comments: