Our Journey

Our Journey

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Daddy-ism

Conversation that may have taken place pre - Cayle: Me; Everyone Else

Having a child will change your life. Ya, I hear ya, but how much can really change... I mean so I don't sleep as much at night, and have to change a few diapers, but that's
fine. Your child will control your life, everything will revolve around them. I understand that you say that, but my child will be different, and it will not all revolve around him/her....

Fast forward to having a wonderful baby boy whom I love and enjoy to death, and I can honestly say that what everyone told me, was absolutely true and I love every minute of it. Life revolves around him, and it doesn't bother me one bit. Natalie and I's schedule absolutely revolves around Cayle (especially over the summer when we are not working.)
One of the things I appreciate most about my dad is the fact that he got me outside; in the woods, in the pond outside our house, hunting, playing in the dirt, etc... Natalie and I want to do the same for Cayle. So far in the first year and a half of his life
, we have taken him camping, hiking, we play outside daily, swimming in lakes, bicycling, and now we can add tubing on the Eagle river.

This morning we went for a bike ride up Cottonwood pass, then we took Cayle tubing on the Eagle river with Torrey and Alana, and John and Sara. He LOVED it! He did a really good job! The water was fairly cold, but the temps were high 80's and not a cloud in the sky. The sun was HOT, and it made the river feel really nice. Tubing is the latest of Cayle's outdoor adventures, and another attempt at getting my son outdoors with mother nature.

Sorry... because cameras and water don't get along so well, there are not actually any tubing pics.

1 comment:

Melinda Brandt said...

love love love it! we should take them tubing together!