Our Journey

Our Journey

Friday, October 29, 2010

That Was Fun!

I ran the MILE this afternoon with the 8th graders. Since I get off at noon, and didn't have the car, I put Cayle in the chariot and headed up to school. Man I felt like hot garbage on the way there. It's just over 2 and a half miles. I figured it would be a good warm-up for the mile. I think it was, but at the time I didn't feel good at all.

Once I got up there, I was just hoping to break 7 minutes. I knew some of the 8th grade students would beat me, but that was acceptable. I just wanted a decent showing. Ended up running a 6:27! I was really happy with this. My fastest mile since high school, when I was able to run 5:30-5:45 miles for a couple of miles (not really that fast at the time....)

After the run, I stopped by to see my beautiful wife at the end of her work day/beginning of her weekend. Then Cayle and I headed home. 3 miles home in the warm sunshine at a nice relaxed pace, capped off an awesome workout and a great afternoon! Ended with about 7 miles and 1,000 calories.

No comments: