Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Small Town Boy

Just like the song "Don't Stop Believing" by journey. The song starts out with "Just a small town girl." Every time I go into the city I am reminded how much I am just a "Small Town Boy," and I believe Natalie is that Small Town Girl. Of course my small town (Teutopolis) was a bit smaller than hers (LP). But both have the same kind of vibe.



Last week when we were in Denver, and for that matter every time we are in Denver, I was/am reminded how much I enjoy living in a small town. I really think I would struggle living in the city. And from what I hear, Denver is nothing compared to Chicago, New York, Dallas, or Los Angeles... It's still too many cars on the road for me. Give me 2 lane highways and country gravel/dirt roads with slow moving vehicles any day of the week over the hustle and bustle of the city freeways. Living in the city would have lots of perks, namely the restaurants and businesses, but it's could never be enough to make me wish I lived there. It's nice to visit once in a while to enjoy that restaurant, or do some shopping, but I am always eager to get back home up in the mountains of Colorado!

No comments: