Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Random & Miscellaneous Thoughts

Bad Mom
I have spent exactly 2 minutes getting Cayle ready to celebrate his first Halloween. I have never been very excited about this holiday and will do pretty much anything I can to avoid having to gather a dumb costume and parade around out in public like I'm six years old. Therefore, I was pretty happy when Cayle's grandma Cathy announced she had found him a nice beetle bug outfit for him to wear for his first Halloween costume. A few days ago, I decided Cayle should probably have socks to wear since we live in Colorado and it's the end of October (duh). Finally this morning, I made my way to Wal-Mart where I expected to find a nice pair of either black or red socks. FYI...Wal-Mart has no black or red socks for infants. I checked with everyone I know and they had no black or red socks either. On my way back home, I had one final thought - The Thrifty Shop. Cayle is now the proud owner of both a black and red pair of socks, all for the low, low price of 22 cents!

Sign
I saw the funniest road sign this morning when I was out and about (looking for the aforementioned socks). On the blinking roadside message boards, it said "HALLOWEEN DUI CRACKDOWN - DON'T BOOS AND DRIVE". For some reason, I feel this is awesomely clever and hilarious.

Fall Time
Last Sunday, when it was about 35 degrees and raining, I made Nick drive myself and Cayle to a pumpkin patch so that Cayle could get his first pumpkin. Of course, Nick was super-excited about my pumpkin patch idea...NOT :) But we made it and Cayle had a blast. Actually, I'm not sure he did. But I bet he will next year!

No comments: