Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New members of the Family!



Yesterday Natalie and I got a few gifts from the good folk of Wheelfast Bicycle in Chatham, IL. Two new members of the family if you will. We were instructed to be available at the house all day because Fed-Ex didn't know when they would be dropped off. We waited, waited some more, and waited some more with anticipation and excitement! Around 3:30 Natalie checked the tracking page at Fed-Ex and it said that our packages had already been delivered and as proof there was a signature saying that they had been signed for. This frightened us a bit as we had no packages to speak of and the new members of the family had been stolen or lost somewhere along the road. We called and they said they had been delivered, so I set off on foot to track my new family members and low and behold, whatdya know, I found them on the porch of a house two blocks away. The driver had forged the signature and just left them on a random porch at the mercy of any one who wanted them. Luckily they guy that lived there let me take them off of his porch, and just as we were doing so, Fed-Ex shows up ready to take them back. We let them have a piece of our minds and then proceeded to take them back to their rightful home..(the packages of course).


This is Natalie's new commuter, the bike she will ride to school and back. It is a Masi Speciale Commuter that can handle big tires so she can ride it on a wide variety of terrain. Root Beer color, single speed, tan bar tape and a sweet saddle and seatpost (it has a tail light built in)! This thing is sweet! I think it was love at first sight... Ya, I guess I'm OK with that. The attention to detail on this thing is incredible, it really is one sweet machine. I think she was pretty excited as you can see by the large smile on her face. I have to say, good luck to her getting up the hill outside the house with only one gear. She is going to be one in shape chicka!



And now here we have the BIG KAHUNA! My new super sweet mountain bike. It has LARGE wheels, and when sitting on it I feel kinda like I am driving a tractor. Have to ride one to know what I am talking about. I think Dad knows what this feeling is like. After riding it today I am totally converted to the BIG wheels after riding small wheels for the last couple of years. It is a Van Dessel Jersey Devil FS, in a Forest Green color with the sweet white on the down tube! I brought it into the bike shop this morning to get some air in the rear shock and when I walked in the door the owner said, "WOW! nice rig!" Appropriate I think, nice rig he says, like a BIG RIG truck, and thats what it feels like.

Natalie and I and Wrigley, Rusty, and Sophie are super excited to welcome these new members of our family to our humble abode here in Colorado. We will let you know how they fit in.

No comments: