Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

H2O up high...


Last week, I asked Nick if we could go hiking, so we decided Monday would be good. He said he'd pick the trail and take care of everything, so I was looking forward to what he might find for us. We ended up at Piney Lake Trail up near Vail. Vail is only 30 miles from us...give or take?? So it wasn't far. We decided Wrigley and Rusty would be good hiking weiner dogs, so Nick packed us some snacks, warm clothes, dog treats and off we went...ummm, nobody mentioned to me that we would need to drive 11 miles on dirt roads to get to the head of this trail. But it was cool...it was fun...nobody fell off the side of the mountain! Turned out to be really pretty up there. There was a lake, of course...Piney Lake...apparently some people stay in the cabins they have by the lake, kind of like a summer retreat. It was 2.5 miles to our destination...a waterfall. The boys had a great time (or maybe I just like to pretend they did!) and really enjoyed the rest they got at the waterfall. We didn't see any bears :-( but we did get some great views and a great afternoon of exercise. Of course, we had to follow up all of that hard work with a great meal...$5 all-you-can-eat wings...who can beat that? Did I mention I was the one who drove the car down the mountain :-)

2 comments:

Markiss said...

Enjoyed your blog. I like this. It will help keep me updated as to what is going on. See you in Vegas!

AmandaH said...

Nice blog you guys! Looks like you have selected a really beautiful place to live.
Amanda and Frank