Our Journey

Our Journey

Monday, August 27, 2012

Steamboat with the Bills

2 weekends ago we had a great opportunity to go to Steamboat and spend some time with cousins. My cousin who lives in Denver asked us to go stay in her parents time share with her family. At the last minute Natalie decided she should stay home and get some work done to be ready for the start of school. So Cayle and I decided to go get some quality father/son time for the weekend. So thankful for the opportunity!

I love Steamboat. Definitely one of my favorite places in Colorado! Just so beautiful, laid back, and down to earth. The town works really hard to keep the old ranch atmosphere around the town, and huge beautiful working ranches border the town. It was the first resort we went skiing at as a family when we were kids and the source of many of my favorite memories. We went there for many years before we began going to Breckenridge. It was in Steamboat that I first said I would someday live in Colorado. I remember it vividly! I was riding a chairlift with a local ski bum, and he asked where I lived, and I of course said IL, but someday I will be moving out here. He said, "ya right, everyone says that while they are here, but most never leave their homes." I don't want to say I had it in my head to prove him wrong or anything, but it was then that the seed was planted.
Cayle checkin out the cows at the rodeo

They have a boy about a year older than Cayle. We spent lots of time in the pool. The boys play so well together!

"Diving"

Our digs for the weekend. The place was super nice!

Cayle's cousin and buddy Nathan in his Super Man Jammies on his birthday!

This is one of my favorite places in Colorado. I think it is such a beautiful ranch, and it is between us and Steamboat. On a clear day you have a great view of the rocky jagged peaks in the distance!

No comments: