Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Not the same anymore...

Today was our first day at school with kids.  I've been working a ton to get things ready for all my new classes, as well as my mentor stuff, and athletics.  I stayed up late last night putting the finishing touches on things after Open House (after getting 3 hours of sleep the night before!).  I set my alarm for early this morning so I could go for a run before the big day.  The run went well - mostly I say that because I'm pretty shocked I was able to drag my butt out of bed to make it happen! 

Nick and the kids gave me a ride to work today since I had way too much stuff to carry on my bike.  Before we left Nick said "In Illinois you had lots more years teaching than I did, but here in Colorado I had the same as you.  I guess after today it's not the same anymore."  Oh, how true! 

It's really difficult for me to leave for work each day and leave Cayle and Lindy behind.  Nick is so blessed to have this opportunity to be with them each day, all day!  Side note:  blessed to be with them doesn't mean I think he has it easy!  He is working his tail off each day!  It was hard to kiss Cayle and Lindy goodbye this morning, but at the same time I am so happy for my kids to be with daddy and have such fun days planned with him.  Today the three of them are off to Aspen to watch the pro bike race :)  Cayle is also taking his bike so that he can do some adventure stuff they have set up.  Many pics to come, I'm sure! 

No comments: