Our Journey

Our Journey

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

was always one of my favorite times growing up. Around 8pm we would go down for naps for a couple of hours. Around midnight we would all get dressed and head out to gram and gramps house to celebrate the birth of baby Jesus! The whole family would be there, and I could play with all my cousins from about midnight till about 2-3 am. We would all sing happy birthday to Jesus and eat lots of food, and play lots of games. It is one of my favorite memories from New Years and my childhood. This tradition stopped several years ago, but while it lasted was one of my favorites.
Natalie's family has a tradition of their own. Her mom along with her dad's sister and whatever siblings want to go head to the movie theater on Christmas Eve before church service to watch a movie together. This year Natalie and I participated in this tradition. We watched True Grit. It was a pretty good movie, but even better than the movie was the accompanying tradition. These are what makes family.

No comments: