Our Journey

Our Journey

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bonfire Brewing

We went out in Eagle for my birthday last Wednesday Night. Mark's mom Mary came over and baby sat for us for the night, so we could go out for a bit. Bonfire Brewery has been open for about a month or so, but we had not yet been there. With my affection for good craft brews, this was somewhat of a travesty... Since Bonfire doesn't serve food, other than snacks and stuff, we asked if we could bring in Pizza and B-day cake. They said that was fine and dandy, so we were set! We met Jeff and Jess, T & A, Mark, James, Deb, and Tiffie-poo and Dr. Niles at the brewery. I have to say, I was very impressed with the setting and the beer! At the time we were there, they had 3 beers on tap. The IPA was ok, not my favorite, but still pretty good. The Nut Brown, which I am not a huge fan of, was FANTASTIC! I really enjoyed this one! I could have drank several more, but they ran out.... :( The wheat was also really good, but since it's winter, and I try to mainly drink seasonal beers, I only had one wheat. The alcohol content was also pretty good, since after a few of each drink, I was wearing the wig they have laying around. Jeff and I DOMINATED the shuffleboard table while we were there, eventually running out of competitors. Love that game, and it was actually a really nice table, so that helped a lot! It was a great birthday celebration with good friends in a fun and relaxing atmostphere! Thanks to by beautiful wife Natalie and Bonfire Brewery!

The girls and I cheesin on the snowboard bench
The shuffleboard table is really nice! I will be back again for sure!

The nut brown was fantastic! And I'm normally not a fan of nut brown ales.
Mark is having another beer and a Costco Pizza sammich while singing praises and cheering to the mermaid goddess above....Me with the wig on after a few brews... I thought it went good with my black beard!

No comments: