Our Journey

Our Journey

Sunday, October 12, 2008

will you be my HONEY???

As I've aged... I have really developed a taste for some of the finer things in life. For example, good wine, crispy fresh veggies, fine micro brew and European beers, and HONEY! Yes, I said it honey is one of the finer things in life. We use it for many things, but three of my favorites have to be: pnut butta and honey on waffles, pnut butta and honey on pancakes, and my special honey and sweet dijon mustard glaze on porkchops. A true mountain man recently came into school to find out if anyone wanted and fresh high country honey. At 8 bucks for a 2 pound jar, I wasn't about to pass it up.

You can see the differences in the colors. That comes from different varieties of flowers. Pretty cool hey? The guy that brought in the one on the left informed me that the lighter the color is, the sweeter the honey tastes. Let me tell you what, I poured a little on my finger and it was phenomenal!!!! This stuff is AWESOME!!

Try some honey on your favorite snacks, it's an awesome source of natural sugars!!

1 comment:

Drama Queen 29.6 said...

Honey is ssssooooo awesome!