Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, October 16, 2008

What a Drive!

Glenwood Canyon. The picture to the left shows the drive down I-70 through the canyon. It is so narrow that the only road that can fit through there is I-70, and also a bike path that runs alongside and underneath the interstate. (oh yeah, also a train track) I had to drive down to Glenwood Springs today to get the car looked at. (airbag light was on) It is about 30 minutes from Eagle, and has to be one of the most beautiful drives around. Everytime I drive through there (which isn't often) I am just amazed by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon. It just amazes me to think about how they were able to blast out the walls of the canyon to be able to build the road through there. In two of the spots, they had to tunnel through the rock because it was so narrow. The Colorado river runs right next to it, and the canyon wall climbs straight up on either side.

I/We have yet to ride the Glenwood Canyon Trail from Dotsero (or as my kids call it... Dotghetto for the trailer park there...) to Glenwood Springs, but will be sure to do it sometime in the future, if not yet this fall, then for sure next spring or summer. It is not a steep trail by any means, but is slightly downhill for the 16 mile length of it, then a slight uphill for the ride back, so I think it would be a nice ride for us to do together.

1 comment:

Drama Queen 29.6 said...

Must be the same I-70 to E-ham!