Our Journey

Our Journey

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Soccer official

Can now be added to my resume. I've done 2 games as assistant ref (side judge) and 1 game as part of a 2 man team. 2 refs with equal power, both on the field. I definitely enjoy being on the field instead of just on the sideline. Last year I did a dew football games, but it just never felt natural. I didn't play football growing up. I was learning, and would have been fine it just didn't come naturally. When I started basketball last year and then soccer this year, so much of it just comes instinctually. I still have to study to get all the nuances of the game, and to be able to correctly interpret the rules, but the basic calls and the basic rules of the game feel routine. I played, coached, and understand basketball and soccer and I enjoy officiating them as well.

 

No comments: