Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Vail Rec Series Race #1, Eagle Ranch Classic

Last night was the 1st race of the Summer Worlds! The Eagle Ranch Classic. One of 2 races that I get to ride my bike to. Racing for Yeti's Grind again this year. 3rd year in this kit. New kits this year. Instead of baby blue and pink they went with green and pink. They do look sharp! Socks are coming soon to match. The first town series race of the season always provides an eye opening experience as to what the form is like. It's about where I thought. Leg muscle power and endurance needs to improve just a bit, but is close and I still need to lose a few more lbs. That may be the biggest thing. I'm currently about 3-4 lbs above where I think I need to be to finish where I want. But dang, there are so many fast guys in the pro/expert class! In my mind anyway, I should be able to finish in the top 5 at each race. I finished 8th/17 yesterday 2 1/2 minute off the winner and just for reference, nearly 6 minutes off the pace of the winner of the Pro class... 

No comments: