Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Colorado river road loop

Great bike ride today! Extremely fast group of 4. 80 miles with 5,500 ft of climbing in just over 4 hours. I got a flat tire exactly a mile from home...

Definitely not one of my better days. Cycling can be such a humbling sport! Doesn't matter how strong you may be, you are still going to have bad days on the bike. Days when things just don't feel right. Makes you feel like a novice. When I first started riding, I thought for sure it would get easier as I got faster. Not true! It actually hurts much more! Cycling is unique I think in how painful it can be on your leg muscles. I know some will disagree, but having done both, cycling has the ability to hurt much more than running and some other endurance sports. It's crazy how painful it can be, especially on a day when you are not your best, and how effortless it can be on days when you just "have it." Still... A bad day on the bike is better than a lot of other things...

A good video of the ride at the following link.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200823456139520

No comments: