Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mama said there'd be days like this...

Yikes!  Chalk this one up as a rough one :(  It most likely started with last night...
Nick had a race (4th place finish - yay!) and I was home alone with both kids.  I thought I had put them both to bed and was lreaxing, when all of a sudden Cayle started making lots of noise.  He continued making lots of noise (screaming, slamming his closet doors, opening his bedroom door and yelling, etc.) for a long time.  Like two hours long time!  So I got him out of his room and thought I'd rock him, calm him down, and let him say night night to daddy.  Long story short, Cayle went to bed about 945 pm.  He was up before 6 am this morning.  Not good. 

So I figured he would be pretty tired for his nap today.  Wrong, mommy.  Little boys who are almost 2 and don't get much sleep the night before don't really even need naps!  The afternoon was spent listening to Cayle cry and scream and kick and slam doors, intertwined with Lindy screaming, her swing shouting classical music at me, and my pump just pumping away.  It was quite the afternoon.  Nothing was accomplished. 

Well, nothing until we went for a drive :)  We had to run to Eagle to pick up Nick's sister, Anne Marie, who has come to visit us for a few days.  Both kids fell asleep on the drive, stayed sleeping through a few short errands we ran in town, and proceeded to nap in the car (parked in the garage) for about 1.5 hours.

Needless to say, just a few hours of the craziness wore me out!  Nick and I have asked each other numerous times in Lindy's three short weeks...how the heck do single parents do it???  Now that the sun has set, I had better get to bed :)

No comments: