Our Journey

Our Journey

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Birthday Boy

I had my mind set on giving Cayle a fun birthday party, regardless of the fact that we'd have a newborn in the house.  So before Lindy was born, I started working on Cayle's party.  I had wanted to give him a farm animal party, but that theme fell through.  I decided Cayle would really enjoy a bike themed party since he loves to ride his bike.  I found some items on etsy.com and was able to order party invitations and other items that matched the theme.  We had mac n cheese with wheels (bike wheels!), pizza logs, fresh fruit, and spinach salad to eat.  I ordered a blank cake from Costco and then decorated it myself.  One of the items I ordered from etsy.com was an iron-on design for shirts, so Cayle gave that as a party favor to his guests.  The weather didn't fully cooperate, so we had the party in the garage and not the back yard.  (Poor Nick - he spent all that time making the yard look fantastic!)  I had streamers, ribbons, balloons, and name tags for the kids to use to decorate their bikes.  We did get to go on a bike parade through the neighborhood.  Cayle and his friends seemed to have a great time!  
a close-up of the cake
peeps in the garage
justin helping macklin decorate his bike
cayle all ready to go on the bike parade
the kids on the bike parade
cayle with his bike t-shirt and bike cake
   

1 comment:

Melinda Brandt said...

great party brummers! the kids had a blast and it was a fantastic theme! very impressed! thanks for letting us be apart of it.