Our Journey

Our Journey

Monday, December 12, 2011

That's a wrap!!!

What a great basketball season it was! I liked coaching in IL but the season went on so long, and there was always a Christmas tourney, and then the season didn't get over until end of January or so. My first season of coaching in Colorado was for sure a different experience, but I did really enjoy it! The season was 7 weeks, which turned out to be about perfect. Over the week before Christmas. My team started out kind of slow, lacking confidence needed to take down the big teams (Summit and Eagle). As the season progressed I could see their confidence growing by leaps and bounds. They also learned to play better as a team, and learned to trust each other. I could go 10 deep and really not have to worry about anyone not wanting to play with anyone else, or have to worry about attitudes or egos. It was so nice in that regard! We finished up the season in fantastic fashion! Taking down the 1 seed and the 2 seed en route to a league Championship! We just kept getting stronger as the season progressed! If all these kids keep playing they will have a heck of a team next year, and on into high school! I had a great time teaching the game to my kids, and look forward to watching them in 8th grade next year, as well as getting a new group of 7th graders to work with.

No comments: