Our Journey

Our Journey

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Brief Race Recap and Breckenridge

Last night was the Eagle Ranch race. I was hoping for a top 10 finish. I was hanging out for the majority of the race on in 6th-8th position, then had some ghost shifting on the major hill on the course and had to walk/jog up the remainder of the hill. I ended up 13th. :( Form was good, I rode a good race, but had a bit of bike trouble that slowed me down. Even after I began walking up the hill, it took several minutes for anyone to catch me. So if I could have made it over the hill on my bike, I would have had a top 10 locked up... Such is mountain bike racing though.... Time Trial in Carbondale, CO tomorrow. Hoping to break 27 mph for the first time ever.... I take off 2 minutes before the pros.... gotta prolong the catch.....


This is the finish of my race. I followed this guy up to the pavement, then sprinted around him to move up a spot in the finish placings... Sprinting skills come in handy in mountain bike races as well....

Cayle's first bike race!

Today we headed to Breckenridge with Cheryl, Jodi, Nathan, and mom. We spent the day shopping (for Christmas presents....) in Breckenridge. We ate lunch at a Rasta Pasta down by the river in downtown Breck. After lunch we did some more walking/shopping. Nice relaxing day in Breck. Stopped by Carters in Silverthorne on the way home to get some pants for Cayle.
Jodi and Cheryl sitting on the couch with Natalie, and Nathan hanging on to the side of the couch.
Lunch at Rasta Pasta in Breck. Thanks Cheryl!Trying to throw Nathan up on top of the umbrella.... meanwhile Cayle sleeps in the Chariot behind me.

No comments: