Our Journey

Our Journey

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SURREAL

For as long as I can remember my family would take ski vacations to Steamboat Springs, CO. Then after many years and as the family expanded we switched to Breckenridge, CO. We moved back and forth a few times, but mostly went to Breck. We would always get out of school in early March to go on these trips, and it was great bonding time with the siblings and family (thanks mom and dad). As I got older, (early teens) Colorado was definitely growing on me. I always wanted to move out and become the typical ski bum... work a couple dead-end jobs just to pay the bills and snowboard 100 days/year... The desire to be on the mountain in the winter that much has definitely faded over the years (still enjoy, just don't need that much) However, the desire to live in Colorful Colorado never faded. Always in the back of my mind. Always felt like there was a small part of me that would never be filled if I didn't do it. The urge to live there and become part of the culture and the lifestyle was instilled in me at a very young age, and just kind of festered over time.

Fast forward to the present time, and my lovely wife Natalie and I just had our first baby (Cayle Joseph Brummer) in VAIL, CO! As I type this blog, it's dumping snow outside our window on May 19th. I can look out the window and see the ski slopes, now covered in dirty snow. The mountain is slowly preparing itself for the upcoming TEVA Mountain Games, and the beginning of summer and all the activities that go along with it (mountain biking, fly fishing, rock climbing, hiking, backpacking, kayaking...) Living the dream, and loving every minute of it! Incredibly surreal!

Click on the picture for a full size. Its called Wordle, and you just type in a bunch of words and pick your colors and fonts and it creates a word type puzzle for you. Awesome program! We use it in school all the time. The kids love it! I created this one to describe all the emotions and feelings associated with having our first baby.
Wordle: First Baby

No comments: