Our Journey

Our Journey

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Doing Pot

About a week back, we got a flyer at school to hand out to our students about a place called "the art center" in Gypsum. It's a new business in town and they had a list of the classes and workshops they will be offering. I passed the papers out, but kept one for myself so I could check it out online. I noticed "the art center" had some awesome adult opportunities - one specifically called "Demi Moore/Patrick Swayze Date Night." I'm not much of a movie person and had not seen Ghost (which has a scene with Demi and Patrick using a pottery wheel), but I thought it sounded fun. Alana agreed:-)

So that's how Nick, Torrey, Alana and myself ended up at "the art center" Friday night doing pot. We were each given a few pieces of clay, worked the air out of them a bit and moved on to the wheels. Our first attempts were as couples, and then we moved on to our own pottery wheels. Nick and Alana were clearly more skilled than Torrey and I, but it's safe to say we all had fun!

No comments: